Principal Practice Area
Litigation and Dispute Resolution | Employment and Workplace Relations
B.A, J.D (University of Melbourne)
Accredited Specialist in Workplace Relations
James is an experienced commercial litigator and an Accredited Specialist in Workplace Relations.
Prior to joining Nevetts in 2016, James spent several years working for Lander & Rogers in Melbourne where he practised in workplace relations. Through this, James gained extensive experience in a wide variety of disputes for numerous ASX-listed companies, government organisations and individuals.
James has broad experience in providing advice and solutions for clients in relation to a wide variety of disputes. He is dedicated to providing practical, timely, and cost-adjusted solutions to client’s problems, and is committed to ensuring his clients understand their position at all steps throughout their dispute.
James is past President of the Ballarat & District Law Association and currently sits on the boards of Ballarat Clarendon College, the Ballarat International Foto Biennale, and Midlands Golf Club.
When James is not working, he enjoys riding bikes, increasing his golf handicap, listening to old records, and spending time with his family.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial litigation
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Termination of employment, including unfair dismissal and adverse action cases
- Employment advice including employment contracts
- Discrimination, harassment, bullying
- Business protection, including restraint of trade
- Major contractual disputes
- Building and construction disputes
- Bankruptcy and insolvency
- Family farm disputes
- Professional misconduct proceedings